It's sad how this forum / community has totally died!

9 posts (showing 1-9)
Ritual

Market Level 5Community Level 1
30 posts

... I mean, is there anyone left at all now?

posted 2017-10-13T04:01:05-07:00
Blackizzy

Market Level 1Community Level 5
422 posts

Currently logging in once a week now, compared to evereryday last year. Yeah, i guess it's pretty much the end. But there is still action elsewhere.

posted 2017-10-13T06:33:06-07:00
BadlySynced

Market Level 0Community Level 0
20 posts

Posted on 13th Oct '17 by Blackizzy

Currently logging in once a week now, compared to evereryday last year. Yeah, i guess it's pretty much the end. But there is still action elsewhere.

same here. Do let us know where the action is. :)

posted 2017-10-14T07:36:49-07:00
PlatonXXI

Market Level 0Community Level 1
22 posts

FGL let down its community with that hilarious "The FGL.com community and marketplace are currently down for maintenance" discontinuing of its former role.

you can still find that joke when click on "profile" (link on the name). most of ppl saw thay are not welcome here and went elswhere.

its sad. but there is No FGL community anymore.

R.I.P.

PS: in my case, for example. I was developing Flash game but now fully switched on PC Steam version. Even whan it works on flash right now.

posted 2017-10-14T11:10:56-07:00
imperator87

Market Level 0Community Level 8
1270 posts

With the death of Flash, it makes sense for this community to wither away. It's sad really, but it is what it is.

posted 2017-10-14T11:15:48-07:00
PlatonXXI

Market Level 0Community Level 1
22 posts

imperator87 can't totally agree. flash is just a technology and platform. yes a lot is changed and keep changing. but flash developers is what you can just call "indie" now. most of devs not stoped to make games, just changed to other platforms - Apps, Steam, HTML5. its just FGL who dont need this ppl around anymore. because its not profitable.

in my surrounding i have a great example of community reanimation. its a russian language site called DTF.ru. it has more than decade of history and was formerly Pro-only community for game developers. years ago you had to be a game developer and to go through verification process (i was not able to pass it :D) to be able to post on its forums. and... at some point it was totally dead. but something like a year ago new team reanimated the site, separetad it on 2 sections - Pro and "Entertaining"(games, movies, etc). And made a beautiful new community, mixed with ppl that love games and ppl that create games, fueling each other (communities).

So yes. It takes SOME efforts to have a community.

PS: imho - WASTED!11

UPD: oh yes! Another example. there was our local East European (post soviet countries) gamedev conference named FlashGAMM dedicated to Flash games. and guess what? it made rebrand on DevGAMM and feel itself great (http://devgamm.com).

posted 2017-10-14T12:18:36-07:00 | edited 2017-10-14T12:34:27-07:00
eanjo7

Market Level 6Community Level 4
348 posts

Its really sad that flash is obsolete, I really miss the old times :(  

Creating games in mobile is really hard, need to really optimize it, making a 2d games with sprite sheet etc take you forever!, any heavyness of the game will crash a mobile device.

I really miss creating great and large game in flash. really miss it

posted 2017-10-15T09:43:50-07:00
Vega

Market Level 0Community Level 2
108 posts

Posted on 14th Oct '17 by PlatonXXI

FGL let down its community with that hilarious "The FGL.com community and marketplace are currently down for maintenance" discontinuing of its former role.

you can still find that joke when click on "profile" (link on the name). most of ppl saw thay are not welcome here and went elswhere.

This. 

Still i wonder where did everyone go? I looked around to find a forum/community for Android/mobile game-developers, but couldnt find a nice one. Advices/Ideas?

posted 2017-10-15T23:53:56-07:00
eanjo7

Market Level 6Community Level 4
348 posts

Im using facebook groups named, indie game developers, indie game chat, unity developers

posted 2017-10-16T04:36:36-07:00