Sponsor stopping communication

5 posts (showing 1-5)
Mekmek

Market Level 0Community Level 0
3 posts

This has happened to me, and to a friend on another game. A deal is made, and agreement is signed and sent. After that there are no emails from the sponsor. Has this happened to you? They don't do any payment but they don't ask for the game either. What does this mean? We are ok with not making a deal, but this way we are wasting our time by waiting when we can look for other ways of releasing our games. Wish someone who knows the process would enlighten us. Thank you.

posted 2017-07-28T18:11:12-07:00
Ritual

Market Level 5Community Level 1
29 posts

Who was the sponsor, was it for a web game or a mobile game? The sponsorship model via FGL is entirely dead now so I doubt you'd get any FGL staff helping you out as any potential deal you put together would have been done entirely between you and the sponsor. This sort of thing would happen very rarely back in the day, (when people actually sold web games through this site) more often than not it would eventually get sorted out (usually the sponsor would resume contact with the developer). Really it is just unprofessional behaviour on the part of your sponsor, there isn't much that can be done about it.

posted 2017-07-29T01:36:26-07:00 | edited 2017-07-29T01:37:25-07:00
Mekmek

3 posts

Posted on 29th Jul '17 by Ritual

Who was the sponsor, was it for a web game or a mobile game? The sponsorship model via FGL is entirely dead now so I doubt you'd get any FGL staff helping you out as any potential deal you put together would have been done entirely between you and the sponsor. This sort of thing would happen very rarely back in the day, (when people actually sold web games through this site) more often than not it would eventually get sorted out (usually the sponsor would resume contact with the developer). Really it is just unprofessional behaviour on the part of your sponsor, there isn't much that can be done about it.

Thank you for your response. The communication was through email, for a web game. The sponsor was a very well known site. You'd come up with it maybe if you named top three. That is the reason which confused me, because it was not something to be expected from a professional organisation. Also, after making a deal on payment amount, it took a very long time before they sent the agreement. The date on the agreement was a bit outdated. I thought maybe they were making so many communications, it was hard to follow all? Or maybe they pushed it back because it's a smaller game. Regardless, yes, it is unexpectedly unprofessional, and from the first email it has been a full three months. I hope someone with sponsor view can clarify things.

posted 2017-07-29T06:30:41-07:00
Nulligma

Market Level 3Community Level 3
191 posts

Unless its spill,armor or Kongregate I wont trust anyone. Since the fall of flash every portal has lost their mind. 

Marketjs has been accussed of copying games 

GamezHero has been accussed of stealing games

Kiz10 has been accussed of being liar and dishonest 

FOG games does the same thing and abuses developers on the mail. 

These all were very reputed sponsors on FGL with market level of 6+.

Because the there is no money left, every portal has gone crazy, Even if you make a deal, most portal will trick you and fuck you one way or another.

posted 2017-07-29T21:09:39-07:00 | edited 2017-07-30T00:40:04-07:00
Zamzonite

6 posts

Yea that does happen:/ You have to do your due diligence before to make sure the sponsor would be a legit good partner to work with.

posted 2017-08-01T01:21:25-07:00