Important question - independence

7 posts (showing 1-7)
radioideaxp

Market Level 0Community Level 0
5 posts

I want to ask few questions:

-are my apps are dependend to enhance dashboard and service uptime?

-what will happen when enhance will make decision to close service? what with ads? all bussineses can be closed

-is enhance have ability to serve own ads in our apps? ( i can check it myself and ill probably do it)

-is or will be airpush supported?

posted 2017-05-01T21:55:12-07:00 | edited 2017-05-01T21:55:43-07:00
radioideaxp

5 posts

+one question: -is my apk is building again on your server?

posted 2017-05-01T22:04:45-07:00
FGL_Luke

FGL AdminCommunity Level 2
104 posts

Hi Radoideaxp,

-are my apps are dependend to enhance dashboard and service uptime? -what will happen when enhance will make decision to close service? what with ads? all bussineses can be closed

These two are very similar questions, so I'll answer them together. Enhance implements the SDKs of apps directly, but unless you use a mediation network, enhance will manage the 'waterfall' side of things. This means that if we closed the Enhance service, you would no longer have the ability to manage the order in which ad networks were chosen for display. However, ads will continue to show (there is a pre-set waterfall when you Enhance your app).

In short: Services, including ad networks, would continue to work as normal. You would only lose access to the server-side functionality such as waterfall management.

-is enhance have ability to serve own ads in our apps? ( i can check it myself and ill probably do it)

We don't offer this functionality ourselves, however you can use a third party service through Enhance such as HeyZap who do offer this functionality.

AirPush is currently in final testing for Banner and Interstitial ads, it should be live soon.

-is my apk is building again on your server?

Essentially yes - after inserting the ad SDKs into your app, we rebuild the app so it can be released on the app stores. This is a very different process to building in an IDE, though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

posted 2017-05-02T07:05:56-07:00
radioideaxp

5 posts

Posted on 2nd May '17 by FGL_Luke

Hi Radoideaxp,

-are my apps are dependend to enhance dashboard and service uptime? -what will happen when enhance will make decision to close service? what with ads? all bussineses can be closed

These two are very similar questions, so I'll answer them together. Enhance implements the SDKs of apps directly, but unless you use a mediation network, enhance will manage the 'waterfall' side of things. This means that if we closed the Enhance service, you would no longer have the ability to manage the order in which ad networks were chosen for display. However, ads will continue to show (there is a pre-set waterfall when you Enhance your app).

In short: Services, including ad networks, would continue to work as normal. You would only lose access to the server-side functionality such as waterfall management.

We don't offer this functionality ourselves, however you can use a third party service through Enhance such as HeyZap who do offer this functionality.

AirPush is currently in final testing for Banner and Interstitial ads, it should be live soon.

-is my apk is building again on your server?

Essentially yes - after inserting the ad SDKs into your app, we rebuild the app so it can be released on the app stores. This is a very different process to building in an IDE, though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

So preset waterfall is indepentent to server and if Enhance down, closed, ddosed, it's working without server with standard preset? All ad networks are added to this preset? Second question, you don't understand it. I mean if Enhance can serve YOUR ads - your company ads in exchange of using this service for free. Airpush is high demand for me ;) this network is good even in 2017.  

posted 2017-05-02T11:53:35-07:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
318 posts

Posted on 2nd May '17 by radioideaxp

So preset waterfall is indepentent to server and if Enhance down, closed, ddosed, it's working without server with standard preset? All ad networks are added to this preset?

That's correct - all ad networks will work and will be included in the default preset waterfall, but the order is not able to be changed by the user, as that is server side functionality.

Second question, you don't understand it. I mean if Enhance can serve YOUR ads - your company ads in exchange of using this service for free. 

Enhance is just a way to get SDKs into your app, at its core. We make our money from the SDK vendor side, so we don't have any interest in serving our own ads through Enhance. When you choose 'FGL Managed Mediation', we simply choose a pre-defined suite of SDKs to include and manage the waterfall on our end, then handle payment to you - while it would technically be possible for us to include our own ad SDK in this process, this isn't something we're doing right now nor do we plan to in the short term. If we ever did it in future we would definitely be sure to make it clear to our users. If you use your own mediation and SDK selections ('Set up my own mediation'), we simply include the SDKs you select so there is no way we'd be able to serve our own ads through there.

Hope that helps! AirPush is on the way and should be live soon.

posted 2017-05-03T07:53:52-07:00
radioideaxp

5 posts

So why my enhanced app have SDKs I've not added? oO ;/ apk have 6mb more

posted 2017-05-03T12:33:12-07:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
318 posts

Posted on 3rd May '17 by radioideaxp

So why my enhanced app have SDKs I've not added? oO ;/ apk have 6mb more

Hi,

Unfortunately, due to the way Enhance handles its build process (in particular the complexities of Mediation Networks, which were not supported for our first year), some resources from certain SDKs still get included even if the SDK itself is not included. This is a known issue, and we have a patch going through final code review and testing that will solve this problem.

Thanks!

posted 2017-05-06T02:23:25-07:00 | edited 2017-05-06T02:24:14-07:00