Rewarded ads not appearing

4 posts (showing 1-4)
deercat

Market Level 0Community Level 0
2 posts

Hi, I'm just trying out Enhance, the enhanced apk runs fine, but no rewarded ads are showing. If I run the unenhanced apk I get a popup telling me everything is working, so I'm pretty sure the integration is correct.

At the moment I'm just testing with AppLovin and manual mediation.

posted 2017-04-10T07:28:46-07:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
319 posts

Hi deercat,

I tested your game on our end. I hopefully have not misunderstood how to get rewarded ads to show - is this the screen where they are integrated?

D4P0eS5.png

When I click 'Continue' here I see the following in the logs:

I/Unity ( 2716): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

I/Unity ( 2716):

I/Unity ( 2716): Ad not ready

But nothing about Enhance ads. Normally, Enhance will log when a call to showRewardedAd is made, as well as information about the waterfall and which ads have been chosen to display. Could you tell me a little more about your setup here? It seems like you also have Unity ads in your system. Are you using a waterfall at your code level that might be preventing Enhance's ads from displaying? Do you check the isRewardedAdReady() result before trying to display an Enhance ad?

Thanks for using Enhance, hopefully we can figure this out together!

posted 2017-04-10T11:10:57-07:00 | edited 2017-04-10T11:11:24-07:00
deercat

Market Level 0Community Level 0
2 posts

Yes, when you press continue it should show you a rewarded ad.

I do have Unity ads integrated too, but 100% of calls are going through Enhance atm, so you shouldn't see any Unity ads right now.

If I run it in the editor, or if I install and run the unpatched apk I get a popup window when I click continue that says it'll be replaced with a real ad once it's patched. The code is basically the same as the sample and looks like this:

if (FGLEnhance.IsRewardedAdReady(FGLEnhance.REWARDED_PLACEMENT_NEUTRAL))

FGLEnhance.ShowRewardedAd(FGLEnhance.REWARDED_PLACEMENT_NEUTRAL, OnRewardGranted, OnRewardDeclined, OnRewardUnavailable);

I don't explicitly initialize the library anywhere, or request to preload an advert - do I need to do that?

posted 2017-04-11T01:49:15-07:00 | edited 2017-04-11T01:52:35-07:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
319 posts

Posted on 11th Apr '17 by deercat

Yes, when you press continue it should show you a rewarded ad.

I do have Unity ads integrated too, but 100% of calls are going through Enhance atm, so you shouldn't see any Unity ads right now.

If I run it in the editor, or if I install and run the unpatched apk I get a popup window when I click continue that says it'll be replaced with a real ad once it's patched. The code is basically the same as the sample and looks like this:

if (FGLEnhance.IsRewardedAdReady(FGLEnhance.REWARDED_PLACEMENT_NEUTRAL))

FGLEnhance.ShowRewardedAd(FGLEnhance.REWARDED_PLACEMENT_NEUTRAL, OnRewardGranted, OnRewardDeclined, OnRewardUnavailable);

I don't explicitly initialize the library anywhere, or request to preload an advert - do I need to do that?

Hey deercat,

There is no specific initialization required; as long as the OnRewardGranted etc functions are defined the above should be all you need. I'm having another engineer look into this for you, so hopefully I should be able to get back with some suggestions soon.

From the log, it looks to me like the showRewardedAd is never reached; so perhaps IsRewardedAdReady is returning false - which would indicate either bad fill or a bad set up of your AppLovin ads (double check to make sure the ad code provided is correct). It might be a good idea to Debug.Log the value returned from that so it shows up in the device log I'm looking at on my end; then I can get some more information (once you enhance with the new APK).

Thanks!

posted 2017-04-11T06:23:01-07:00