Been away for a while, have some questions
I used to be pretty active about 5 years ago, and it looks like everything has changed. Had a look through the forums, but couldnt find much. Hoping this is a good place to ask some questions.
1) I have a game that I want to release. I'm a little confused how to go about it now. I used to just upload a flash game, get it reviewed, get some bidding going, etc. It seems now that I can only upload mobile games? What exactly is the process here? Do I just upload my APK? Is there still a review process?
2) My game is made in as3-Air, and I was planning on doing a dual web/mobile release. Is this feasible or worthwhile?
3) Is uploading an APK safe? I recall using swf encrypters + sitelocking to ensure my games didnt risk getting stolen.
4) What does pushing a mobile game through FGL do, as opposed to me sticking some ads on and publishing myself? Is there still money in branding, etc?
5) The chat room seems to have disappeared? I guess FGL decided to do away with it for good?
Posted on 23rd Jan '17 by DJamieson
Hi DJamieson, welcome back!
Ill try to give you short answers to your questions:
1- Well, there is no marketplace. There is no place to upload your games. There is no review process. There are still publishers visiting these forums looking for games, so we have created an area in the forums for developers to post game listings. There is no bidding, no approval. Your game will be hosted by you where you choose.
2- I would stick with your game plan. While many publishers are focusing on mobile, there is still money on the table for web games.
3- Again, no uploading games here unless its time to use Enhance®.
4- We would actually encourage you to use Enhance®, stick some ads in your game and publish it yourself. There is money to be made from publishers however, they are looking at games that can perform in the wild and have good player retention. Getting your game out there first means you can start by making some ad revenue while your playerbase grows and starts attracting the attention of publishers.
5- You can probably see, lots of things have changed. Currently the chat room is on the back burner. Will it come back? Time will tell.
I hope I was able to help a little. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. If you want to find out more about Enhance®, click the banner.