Does FGL/Enhance handle developers' tax?

3 posts (showing 1-3)
lmz0903

Market Level 0Community Level 0
3 posts

Hi I want to ask this tax based question, does FGL handle tax for developer who use Enhance? like does FGL perform as a tax payor if developer choose "handle everything for me" option when adding Enhance SDK? (since FGL acts as income payor, I guess so but I'm not sure)

Or as developer, do we need to fill and submit W-8ben as international developer, then does FGL still handle our tax?  I'm a little bit confused about this tax problem so please help thanks!

posted 2017-01-04T03:08:16-08:00
FGL_Robert

FGL AdminCommunity Level 0
8 posts

Hi,

All developers who use Enhance and select FGL to “handle everything for me”, must provide FGL with a completed U.S. tax form.  If you are a U.S. citizen you need to provide the W-9 form.  If you are a foreign individual you need to complete the W-8BEN form and if you are a foreign entity you need to complete the W-8BEN-E form.  The developer needs an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to complete the W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E forms.  If you do not have an EIN, you need to complete the SS-4 form and FGL will get you one.

If you are a foreign developer, FGL may be required to withhold a percentage of your earnings.  If you are a resident of a country that has a tax treaty with the U.S., your withholding rate will be between 0% and 30% of your income.   If you are a resident of a country that does not have a tax treaty with the U.S., your withholding rate will be 30%.  FGL will withhold any tax required and submit it to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).  I added a link to the IRS website that lists the countries with U.S. tax treaties and the withholding rates. 

Each year, FGL sends a statement (1042-S) to each foreign developer listing the total income for the year and any tax withholdings.  This can be used for tax documentation in the developer’s country. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/tax-treaty-tables

posted 2017-01-05T20:38:11-08:00 | edited 2017-01-05T20:39:37-08:00
lmz0903

Market Level 0Community Level 0
3 posts

Thank you Robert for your clear answer

posted 2017-01-07T21:33:00-08:00