Some questions about platforms and permissions

2 posts (showing 1-2)
TheFlashRevolution

Market Level 0Community Level 0
3 posts

I create some little APPs the last days. Normally I'm building them with Adobe Animate + Air which works super, but for small games sometimes HTML5 is easier/faster to build.

Is their a chance or plan to integrate the ads in HTML5 based games with JavaScript? Pre-Roll or Banner I think would be able through platform "other", too. But what about tracking or rewarded ads?

The other thing what is making me a bit "mad", is it possible to specified  networks by permissions or something.  I normally only use the networkstates and whats needed for internet and storage. But some of the people using my apps, asked me now more and more, why my app needed so many permissions like phone number ... 

I know that I don't setup this permissions! So it has to come through the enhancing process (and from some of the networks) and I would like to minimize that. So it would help, if there is a listing, what would be needed for what network. If there is no plan for this?

I like enhance, and the service you offer. Its just the dot about an i ;)

posted 2016-12-22T21:54:39-08:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
284 posts

Posted on 22nd Dec '16 by TheFlashRevolution

Is their a chance or plan to integrate the ads in HTML5 based games with JavaScript? Pre-Roll or Banner I think would be able through platform "other", too. But what about tracking or rewarded ads?

Hi!

We are working on providing a Drag and Drop library (and full platform support) for Apache Cordova, which should allow the functionality you described for mobile HTML5/JS games :) That should be coming early in the new year.

Posted on 22nd Dec '16 by TheFlashRevolution

The other thing what is making me a bit "mad", is it possible to specified  networks by permissions or something.  I normally only use the networkstates and whats needed for internet and storage. But some of the people using my apps, asked me now more and more, why my app needed so many permissions like phone number ... 

I know that I don't setup this permissions! So it has to come through the enhancing process (and from some of the networks) and I would like to minimize that. So it would help, if there is a listing, what would be needed for what network. If there is no plan for this?

We do indeed plan to have an exposé of permissions required per network, however as we are building in support for a lot of SDKs there is a LOT of work involved in doing that. We do use the minimum permissions required by the SDKs that are added to your app - e.g if an SDK reports that it requires phone access and fine location access, those are what will be added to the manifest.

Currently, we have a way in the 'choose your own SDKs' pathway for you to opt out of many of the permissions that we have found 'optional' for SDKs (though they may have an effect on revenue). It looks like this and is on the page where you enter your SDK codes:

RzK0U5v.png

However, in 'handle it for me' we don't currently have this option. I have made a note of this as a feature request and will see when we can get this option into the 'handle it for me' process also.

Thanks!

posted 2016-12-23T08:46:42-08:00 | edited 2016-12-23T08:48:14-08:00