Someone PLEASE HELP!!

4 posts (showing 1-4)
chris_ekblad1

Market Level 0Community Level 0
0 posts

Hello!

I am new to enhance, but have already enhanced my android app it was easy and simple! However, now i am trying to enhance my IOS app and I am having 2 problems.

1.) I cannot create an IPA of my app without having Xcode first sign it 

2.) How do I create an IOS certificate that I can upload to enhance?

Thank you so much for your time!

posted 2016-12-12T15:20:30-08:00
eanjo7

Market Level 6Community Level 4
344 posts

what software do you use on creating app?

posted 2016-12-14T18:39:52-08:00
FGL_Rozek

FGL AdminCommunity Level 5
471 posts

Hi.  I have moved this thread to our Enhance™ forums and I will let our engineers know about your issue.

Someone should get back to you shortly.  Thank you for your patience.

ALFLIMi.png

posted 2016-12-15T07:28:03-08:00
FGL_Rozek

FGL AdminCommunity Level 5
471 posts

Sorry about the late response.

I sent your issue over to our engineers and here is some of the info I received.  Please let me know if I can help you any further.

"We are working on getting some documentation together to help with this process (as well as other parts of Enhance). For now, the best place to get general information is here: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/MaintainingCertificates/MaintainingCertificates.html

> For Enhance, you'll need to export a .p12 of the certificate you have created. One way to generate a certificate and export a p12 version of it is included in the above documentation, or you can follow a slightly different process outlined here (I prefer this as it offers a little more control over the process): https://calvium.com/how-to-make-a-p12-file/

> If you follow the second link's instructions, you'll need to set the signing options in your app's build configuration (within XCode) to use the newly created certificate. If XCode is linked to your iOS developer account, this means going to XCode > Preferences > Accounts > (select team/developer) > View Details > Download all profiles to make all of your certificates and profiles available to XCode.

> Next up is to make sure your project is using the correct certificate/profile. Here is a short video I made to show how to verify or set this. Let me know if you have any questions on this part. Finally, choose "Build Only Device" from the target devices menu and then Product > Archive.

> Phew - welcome to the scary world of iOS signing! Hopefully that was clear enough and you manage to navigate your way through - it's not an easy process by any means! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification."

Good Luck!

ALFLIMi.png

posted 2016-12-23T06:55:00-08:00