I'm back what the hell happened!?

12 posts (showing 1-12)
dragonsnare0

Market Level 2Community Level 1
80 posts

So I was very active a few years ago doing flash games and getting sponsors.

Now I get on here and no flash support on (Flash Game License)? Now I understand the flash game market is pretty much dead. I left when Mochi went out and took all my future ad rev with it.

My main questions here is are there no more sponsors? No more bidding? Is it just mobile now? No PC love FGL?

I'm currently working on a mobile game but I don't really see anyway FGL is going to help me with marketing that. I can't get a sponsor or what the hell this site even means anymore.

I actually came on here because I needed to pull one of my old games because of a legal bout I'm in that the source file was pulled from this site before sponsor logos were put in. So much for that security eh!

Answers??

posted 2016-12-02T09:08:20-08:00
FGL_Rozek

FGL AdminCommunity Level 5
484 posts

Hi. Welcome back! There has definitely been some changes. I will do my best to answer some of your questions.

"I get on here and no flash support on (Flash Game License)?" - To be up front, we haven't actually been "Flash Game License" for quite some time.  We have always been focused on helping developers make money and when we started getting involved with things outside of flash, it became apparent that "Flash Game License" did not fully encompass what we do.

"are there no more sponsors? No more bidding? Is it just mobile now? No PC love FGL?" - The short of it, Yes, No, Primarily, No.....  There are still publishers visiting these forums looking for games, which leads me to the second question, bidding.  There is no more "marketplace", no bidding.  We have created an area in the forums for developers to post game listings. Are we just mobile now?  Sorta.  We still have the forums open to help out developers in the flash world.  We have focused primarily in the mobile area but did not want to just close the door on what we used to focus heavily on.  If you have a mobile game, just like flash, we are here to help you monetize it. The strategy is different that is all.  Lastly PC, besides web, we actually did not have much going on in the PC world.

"I don't really see anyway FGL is going to help me with marketing that." -The paradigm has definitely shifted in the mobile world.  Publishers aren't looking for that new gem, they are looking to find games that are popular and released.  The marketplace for mobile games just does not work the way selling flash games used to.

"I can't get a sponsor or what the hell this site even means anymore" - There is always a chance to find a publisher by posting your project in our forums.  Still need help in any aspect of game dev? The community is still here to help.  Like mentioned above, publishers are now focused on games that have been released and have good retention numbers.  What this site means?  We have always focused on making the developer successful in one way or another.  With Enhance™,  you can get your game setup with Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more in a matter of minutes so you don't have to spend all the time it would typically take setting up and implementing multiple SDK's. There are more levels to what Enhance™ offers.  Follow this link for more information : fgl.com/e9

In regards to the issue with your game, unfortunately this is one area I can not help you on.  If you need anything in regards to this situation, you can email me (rozek@fgl.com) and I will forward it on to someone who can help you further.

Welcome back.  I hope I was able to help you with your questions in any way.  If you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up.

ALFLIMi.png

posted 2016-12-02T11:36:25-08:00 | edited 2016-12-02T11:37:12-08:00
eanjo7

Market Level 6Community Level 4
348 posts

#FGL_rozek, We hope there is more of a better layout for showcasing flash games here, even though we wont upload here though. If im a sponsor looking for a flash game it will be very confusing if u will just find it on a forumn post.

and enhance you need to upload the apk, 1st then give you back your apk with your ads right? how bout in appstore?

In my opinion, as a developer, I just want to download a plugin for example in unity then I my self put my ad i.d on it in a very easy way. and which I have a full control.

just my opinion as a developer.

posted 2016-12-17T03:50:23-08:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
319 posts

Posted on 17th Dec '16 by eanjo7

#FGL_rozek, We hope there is more of a better layout for showcasing flash games here, even though we wont upload here though. If im a sponsor looking for a flash game it will be very confusing if u will just find it on a forumn post.

and enhance you need to upload the apk, 1st then give you back your apk with your ads right? how bout in appstore?

In my opinion, as a developer, I just want to download a plugin for example in unity then I my self put my ad i.d on it in a very easy way. and which I have a full control.

just my opinion as a developer.

One of the biggest problems Enhance solves is trying multiple SDKs. Sure, you can throw in AdMob or Unity on your own and hope for the best, but do you really know for sure that you're not losing tons of revenue by doing that? With Enhance, you can switch in or out SDKs in a matter of minutes. You can mediate them - throw in 10 rewarded ad networks and see which ones perform the best, then tweak your mediation to favor those. That sort of thing would take days to set up in the traditional way. It's not just limited to ads either - one very easy integration (or no integration at all for our ZeroCode offerings!) and you can have ads, analytics, attribution, crash reporting and more. We're adding new SDKs to Enhance all the time, so we can keep up with the latest and best services too.

We think our website process is pretty easy to use, and it works for both android and iOS (Google Play and Apple's App Store).

We appreciate your feedback! It's always good to hear developers thoughts on what we're building!

posted 2016-12-18T17:08:26-08:00 | edited 2016-12-18T17:08:59-08:00
eanjo7

348 posts

Yes I get what you mean, and thats realy cool switching the highest ecpm quickly, but realy, the proccess of getting enhance on my game? I need to upload it and download it here right?

I realy dont get it, how can I apply that I want my ads to be shown in specific screen or something, if I will download it here my apk which I will upload on googleplay right?

posted 2016-12-18T18:06:22-08:00
BadlySynced

Market Level 0Community Level 0
21 posts

Posted on 18th Dec '16 by eanjo7

Yes I get what you mean, and thats realy cool switching the highest ecpm quickly, but realy, the proccess of getting enhance on my game? I need to upload it and download it here right?

I realy dont get it, how can I apply that I want my ads to be shown in specific screen or something, if I will download it here my apk which I will upload on googleplay right?

if you dont select zero code, you get a package which you can import in your game and use given functions to place the ads where you need. Very simple really, though i havent made any money because of no marketing budget but enhance was very easy to implement.

posted 2016-12-19T00:10:39-08:00
eanjo7

348 posts

Posted on 19th Dec '16 by BadlySynced

Posted on 18th Dec '16 by eanjo7

if you dont select zero code, you get a package which you can import in your game and use given functions to place the ads where you need. Very simple really, though i havent made any money because of no marketing budget but enhance was very easy to implement.

oh okay thanks for the info

posted 2016-12-21T16:57:22-08:00
y8games

Market Level 11Community Level 1
13 posts

We are always interested in licensing game, so feel free to drop us an email or contact form ticket :)

posted 2017-01-30T13:27:55-08:00
johnp0101

1 posts

regards

John peter at Indian Mandala Tapestry

posted 2017-02-22T21:16:13-08:00
Jadizia John

15 posts

Hi everyone. I am new here, and was wondering if an introductory posts exist? If so, could someone please share a link? Thank you :)

posted 2017-03-08T03:45:19-08:00
FGL_Rozek

FGL AdminCommunity Level 5
484 posts

Posted on 8th Mar '17 by Jadizia John

Hi everyone. I am new here, and was wondering if an introductory posts exist? If so, could someone please share a link? Thank you :)

Not really.  Feel free to start a thread in the saloon though! 

oXunjQp.png

posted 2017-03-08T07:31:28-08:00 | edited 2017-03-08T07:32:57-08:00
Jadizia John

15 posts

Okay. Thanks for responding, though i feel like if i did one, i would be calling for unnecessary attention. Haha :)

posted 2017-03-14T09:00:42-07:00