Banner (AIR)

11 posts (showing 1-11)
Zebestov

Market Level 0Community Level 0
9 posts

I can't find how can I show the banner. What method should I use?

posted 2016-09-22T16:08:04-07:00
FGL_Dave

FGL AdminCommunity Level 4
318 posts

Hah, I literally just sent a PM. Funny timing!

I'll post the instructions here too so others can see how to do it - note that this is only correct as of the time of writing, and will be updated soon to be easier:

Currently we only support banners with the AdMob SDK. If you'd like to show banners as well as FGL managed ads (for interstitials/rewarded ads), do the following:

1. Start a new Enhance process (or re-enhance your app). On the first page select 'choose my own SDKs', and select AdMob.

2. Continue the process, selecting your development platform, upload your app etc. When choosing 'ad placements', make sure to choose either 'Flexible banners' (if you have used showOverlay calls in your 'drag and drop' implementation) or 'Persistent banners' (if you just want to show a banner the whole time with no code required).

3. On the third page it will ask for your AdMob details - see the AdMob site/SDK for how to get this. Fill these in and make sure to choose the 'Use FGL Managed' option on this page.

4. Finish the process!

We will have managed banner support coming soon, if you'd rather wait for that :)
posted 2016-09-22T16:12:32-07:00
Zebestov

9 posts

Thanks for explanation, Dave!
Well, I'll be waiting till you implement more simple way :)

One more thing. Can you remove black background (make it transparent) around the banner in persistent banners mode? Currently i'd like to use this option with "SMART_BANNER" size, but currently it have a little bit rough look.

posted 2016-09-22T16:48:04-07:00
FGL_Dave

318 posts

I can certainly raise a feature request for that! :)

posted 2016-09-22T16:55:51-07:00
GeneralVimes

Market Level 5Community Level 4
293 posts

And what are the functions of show/hide banner when we use it with drag-and-drop library?

posted 2016-09-24T10:22:06-07:00
FGL_Dave

318 posts

Currently that is not fully supported on all platforms. If you are using native java/iOS, you can use the overlay show/hide functions (check autocomplete!) - other platforms are currently limited to 'persistent' banners which are ZeroCode, meaning you do not need any additional code in your app to use them (they will simply show a banner the entire time, at the top/bottom of your app).

We are working on adding support for 'flexible' banners  to all supported platforms which allow you to control them with more granularity in the Drag and Drop libraries. Once this is done we will update all documentation to include instructions for using this functionality!

posted 2016-09-25T00:21:25-07:00
notboring

5 posts

Is there any ETA for this? I'd like to use Enhances flexible banners and reward ads for an upcoming OpenFL game but since in that title you can opt out of ads using in app purchases I can't use it yet.

By the way, finding this basic information hidden in this forum post was a rather painfull process because of page loading times for 50 seconds and longer. I hope this extreme slowness is only a problem with the forum, but not the Enhance services?

posted 2016-09-30T10:10:23-07:00
FGL_Dave

318 posts

notboring said:

Is there any ETA for this? I'd like to use Enhances flexible banners and reward ads for an upcoming OpenFL game but since in that title you can opt out of ads using in app purchases I can't use it yet.

By the way, finding this basic information hidden in this forum post was a rather painfull process because of page loading times for 50 seconds and longer. I hope this extreme slowness is only a problem with the forum, but not the Enhance services?

Hi notboring,

There isn't an ETA but I can say it's being worked on. Hopefully it'll be available within the next week or two, but that's not definite.

As for the slowness, unfortunately it is a recurring problem with the server that hosts these forums. It doesn't affect the Enhance site or services (or any other FGL service for that matter).

posted 2016-09-30T22:07:42-07:00
notboring

5 posts

Thanks for the infos. I implemented AdMob banners myself for now and use Enhance for Intersticials. On a first test Enhance intersticials were loading fast, confirming your statement about Enhance not having the same performance issues as the forum.

posted 2016-10-01T13:07:04-07:00 | edited 2016-10-01T14:34:05-07:00
FGL_Chris

FGL AdminCommunity Level 9
1808 posts

Yeah, the forums are on tech that is nearly 10 years old.  We are moving them to new tech/servers at the moment so it should improve very shortly!

Enhance is all on bright shiny new tech :)

posted 2016-10-03T19:32:11-07:00
Zebestov

9 posts

Hi Dave, Chris! How is it going with "Flexible Banner" on AIR? Unfortunately I can't use "Persistent Banner" because of "Remove Ads" feature in my app.

posted 2016-11-04T02:29:04-07:00