Getting errors on score submit

3 posts (showing 1-3)
MunsieGames

Market Level 8Community Level 12
3259 posts

Up to this point the implementation of GamerSafe was very easy. The api says all I need to do is add 1 line of code and the score board will be shown allowing the user to submit the score and then see the scores in the high score table. The score entry comes up where I can type in a non logged in user name, it also recognizes a logged in user no problem. But when I call this line of code to actually save the score...

GamerSafe.api.showScoreSubmit(Main.GameScore.value, "", false, -1);

...I get the following error messages. Looks like the score is being saved but perhaps it's expecting an event listener setup and I have none of those set up currently. It never does show the scoreboard after submitting the score, the interface just goes away and the error shows up. Do I need to configure any event listeners? Thx for any help....anyone. :)

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at GamerSafe.Flash::GamerSafeScoreboard()
at GamerSafe::GamerSafe/showScoreboard()
at GamerSafe.Flash::GamerSafeScoreboardEntry/onSubmit()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at GamerSafe::GamerSafeSession/onScoreSaved()

posted 2015-05-24T07:06:30-07:00
FGL_Devault

FGL AdminCommunity Level 3
246 posts

Have you configured any scoreboards for your game yet (on the website)? You need to set them up a little bit to let it know how they should be ordered / formatted.

posted 2015-05-24T17:52:09-07:00
MunsieGames

Market Level 8Community Level 12
3259 posts

ok...groovy. THANKS! That was a simple fix and one I should have realized. lol.. 

posted 2015-05-24T19:26:02-07:00 | edited 2015-05-25T08:06:59-07:00