Login Failed

5 posts (showing 1-5)
Sageth

Market Level 0Community Level 0
3 posts

I'm trying to set up GamerSafe on my site for the first time.  My production site is enabled in the GamerSafe Dashboard, just never got it working right and gave up for a while.

I've added the test code from here: https://www.gamersafe.com/developer/data_bridge.php, and then downloaded and installed this game (http://flashgamedistribution.com/game/Woodbox-Marble-Lines).  

I've tried resetting my password, shortening it, tried it on my dev site, production site, and even the GamerSafe page where I downloaded from.  No matter what I do, I get "Login Failed" when I try to log in.  If I try to register, it says that the account is already in use.  I cannot seem to get this to work for the life of me.  

I would think it's a problem with my code (which there may be), but it happens on the GamerSafe site too. So that makes me think there's something wrong with my account.  Any suggestions?

posted 2014-12-19T23:06:30-08:00
FGL_Porter

FGL AdminCommunity Level 16
427 posts

Have you tried again since this post? I believe GamerSafe had a brief technical downtime a few days ago (possibly when you attempted this), and that it's back up now. I'll get eye son this to further assist if needed, but let us know either way!

posted 2014-12-22T18:40:43-08:00
Sageth

3 posts

Hi Porter - Thanks for the response.  I tried again tonight at 18:01:58 Eastern Time on the Woodbox-Marble-Lines game on FGD above and still get login failed. To the best of my recollection, I've never been able to log into a game.

Just to make sure, I should be able to use the same username and password as I use on this forum, correct?  Just want to make sure that I don't need one account as a (potential) publisher and another as a "gamer."

posted 2014-12-22T23:03:53-08:00 | edited 2014-12-22T23:04:54-08:00
FGL_Devault

FGL AdminCommunity Level 3
246 posts

Ah! That's the problem, then. You need a separate GamerSafe account - to log into a game, you need a player account. If the game is not yet active (released) you must use a Test account for that game.

We are currently in the progress of merging our authentication systems, however, so this should be simpler in the future.

posted 2014-12-23T01:37:14-08:00
Sageth

3 posts

Understood.  Thanks for the info.  I assumed it was one account for everything.  I'll create a new account when I come home from work and test it out.  Thanks for the help and clarification!

posted 2014-12-23T13:02:48-08:00