Introduce yourself

34 posts (showing 1-20)
JHII

Market Level 5Community Level 6
716 posts

Hey guys and gals, my name is John Hughes. I'm the moderator for this forum and the audio director for twune.com.

Some of my background;

After years of singing, playing guitar and keyboards in various bands, I attended and graduated Full Sail University in the mid nineties.

I was an intern, a general assistant, an assistant engineer and sometimes engineer at Avatar Studios before leaving to take the Head engineering position at Studio 57 NYC.

I've worked on, recorded and mixed artists such as; George Clinton, Parliament Funkadelic, Mary J. Blige, David Sanborn, Korn, KRS One, Patti Rothberg, Hikaru Utada, LL Cool J and countless other artists I either can't remember or you've never heard of.

After returning to Florida, I taught at Full Sail University as an instructor for the Advanced Recording and Recording Engineering classes before going full time with an independent production company (that I still run). I'm also co-owner of a web design/development firm.

The strangest thing that ever happened to me in session was playing a round of the Kevin Bacon Game with some colleagues and Kevin Bacon walked into the room.

posted 2010-04-10T04:48:13-07:00
Alcastrane

Market Level 0Community Level 0
2 posts

Well hello!

My name is Jonas Isaksson and I'm a 22-yearold guy from Sweden.

I have been making electronic music since 2002 and soon after that I found out about The Games Factory.

So I started making my own games which... wasn't very succesfull. Anyway, I joined a site for gamemaking and found a game I really loved, called Fishhead 3. I contacted the author, and we started talking with eachother alot.

Around 2004 I found ModPlug-Tracker where I could do my own music for games as the files didn't take much diskspace, still trying to put them in my games but soon I realized the music was the only good thing about them.

The years passed, my music was evolving and I still kept in touch with the Fishhead 3-author.

So 2007 I got to make music for a game of his called Lily.

I don't have much to show you yet except my myspace (http://myspace.com/JonasIsakssonOfficial), but I'm hoping I can collaborate with some gamemakers here on FGL to get more experience cause this is really what I want to do.

Hope we can help eachother!

posted 2010-11-21T16:34:56-08:00
benmusic

2 posts

My name is Ben Burrows. I am a songwriter from London. If you'd like to know more about what I do then please get in touch.

Thanks

posted 2010-12-09T13:45:55-08:00
arcturusMusic

2 posts

My name is Casey, I produce under the moniker arcturus and I make ambient/hip hop music. I can make new music for projects or you can license my other music, and it's all free (it doesn't cost me money to make!)

Check out my sounds at:

http://arcturus.bandcamp.com

http://soundcloud.com/arcturus

And you can e-mail or message me for any services you want.

posted 2011-02-03T00:31:22-08:00
brianholmes

Market Level 0Community Level 3
184 posts

Its been awhile since I posted on here, so I thought I'd introduce myself...again :P.  Here's a little info about me. 

Brian Holmes is an experienced composer with credits in a number of various projects. Brian can score for nearly every type of genre which translates to him being very versatile and easy to communicate with. He has scored for over 40 flash games, 3 short films, a nationally airing television commercial, and numerous other projects as well as serving on a 2010 Emmy selection panel. 

You can find samples on my work and my resume on my website, http://www.reverbnation.com/brianholmes ;

You can also find my royalty-free tracks on audio jungle, http://audiojungle.net/user/brianallenholmes/portfolio

Please feel free to contact me regarding for pricing or other questions. 

posted 2011-02-06T18:53:40-08:00
SpaceTrumpet

10 posts

Hello.

I am a big shiny trumpet flying through space, tickling meteors and kissing nebulae.

I have never heard of this 'Ben Burrows'.

Listen to some samples of my music including recent Flash game soundtracks at http://www.soundcloud.com/spacetrumpet

Fondles,

ST

posted 2011-02-16T16:06:31-08:00
ittou

2 posts

Hi, my name ittou.

I've been involved in several game projects as composer.

Listen to my works at http://www.reverbnation.com/ittou

Feel free to contact me via PM / Reverbnation

Thanks,

-ittou-

posted 2011-03-05T05:06:54-08:00
bubblepipemedia

7 posts

Hi everybody! (Hi doctor Nate)

I'm new to the flash games community, but not to writing for games. I've worked on several mods, indie titles, numerous game jams, films, and albums (my own and other's).

I'm a big nerd and proud of it. I read comics (mostly Vertigo, and similar companies), play lots of video/board/computer games, watch netflix, and love finding the most awesome food in the city so I can always tell people the best places to go. 

My super powers include enjoying decaf coffee and artificial sweetener. 

You can hear my works at BubblePipeMedia.com

Thanks!

Nathaniel Chambers

posted 2011-03-08T20:11:38-08:00
Daniel17

2 posts

Hello flash game community! I've been making electronic music for the past 3 years. I too, am new to this community and would be interested in making music for any developer. I'm not sure about the prices, or rates of anything, but I am willing to negotiate. check these out.

www.soundcloud.com/DanCViaofficial

www.myspace.com/DanCViaofficial. 

posted 2011-03-09T21:36:36-08:00
Soundtasy

Market Level 3Community Level 1
30 posts

Hello everyone!

Well, I have been in the music business for the last eleven years, i started playing the electric guitar in a rock band when i was in high school, then in the beginning of 2000's lerned to play some jazz standars on electric bass & piano, later i studied classical composition and clarinet and made some work with electronic music and synthesizer design. Now i'm looking into the production for the videogames & film scoring industry.

Thanks

Alberto Maya

posted 2011-03-26T21:07:54-07:00 | edited 2011-06-30T21:41:44-07:00
ReeseHollandGames

Market Level 0Community Level 3
153 posts

Hi folks,

I'm a solo indie flash developer. I make most of my sounds from scratch, using a synthesizer and SoundBooth to make whatever I need. I have a bit of a general background in music and sound, but not very thoroughly-developed or based in much formal education. 

I like noise cancellation. My game "AudioLock" is a puzzle game based on noise cancellation. I'm going to push the concept of noise cancellation games further with future projects. 

posted 2011-04-15T06:52:18-07:00
confuciuz

24 posts

Greetings,

My website is Confuciuz.com and I have audio bits posted up randomly.

Some samples for your convenience, more can be found on my website:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78advM6odM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8dkQifL-ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqN0YkUBUU

If you'd like to work together, just let me know.  I'm proficient in Pro Tools and the whole 9 so I can also do audio engineering / SFX design.  Got educated from Musician's Institute in Recording Engineering in 04' and am almost done with my BM degree at CSULA in Commercial Music.

My music genre is mostly hip hop / pop / top 40's style, but orchestral I can also do.

-Steve

info (at) confuciuz.com

posted 2011-05-12T23:59:21-07:00 | edited 2011-05-13T17:26:52-07:00
JHII

716 posts

When did the introduction thread become a roll call of ads?

posted 2011-05-13T22:45:21-07:00
Ultima2876

Market Level 4Community Level 10
2409 posts

Around the time you said the only place people could advertise was in this thread I'd imagine...

posted 2011-05-14T04:46:52-07:00
JHII

716 posts

Ultima2876 said:

Around the time you said the only place people could advertise was in this thread I'd imagine...

Promotion and advertising aren't the same thing are they? You can dance to your own private disco of remarks that you think are clever, but I would hope common sense, on this issue at least, would prevail.

Devs aren't flocking to this thread for info. Possibly Collaborations and General Chat are better places for advertising copy? Maybe, I don't know, introduce yourself here?

posted 2011-05-14T16:29:19-07:00
DVGmusic

Market Level 3Community Level 8
425 posts

Yeah, I always got the impression this was for personal introductions, not "HEY LOOK AT THIS STUFF I MADE CONTACT ME TO GET MY SERVICES."  It's more of a community building thing.  It seems there are very few audio people looking to actually network and use this community past making a few adverposts.

posted 2011-05-14T21:36:25-07:00
Ultima2876

2409 posts

JHII said:

Ultima2876 said:

Promotion and advertising aren't the same thing are they? You can dance to your own private disco of remarks that you think are clever, but I would hope common sense, on this issue at least, would prevail.

Who said I was trying to be clever? You asked a question, I answered it. That's all dude :P

EDIT: You'll also want to note that I'm not trying to justify it either; I haven't posted in this thread advertising anything and don't plan to. I'm just stating the logical reasoning behind why some people are probably doing it... don't shoot the messenger.

posted 2011-05-14T22:34:09-07:00 | edited 2011-05-14T22:36:01-07:00
JHII

716 posts

DVGmusic said:

Yeah, I always got the impression this was for personal introductions, not "HEY LOOK AT THIS STUFF I MADE CONTACT ME TO GET MY SERVICES."  It's more of a community building thing.  It seems there are very few audio people looking to actually network and use this community past making a few adverposts.

I chalk a lot of this up to age and inexperience. It's rough to talk about things when you're right out of college and don't have a firm grasp on them. I understand that, I've been there.

I still have hope to have this be a community of peers instead of fishing competition.

posted 2011-05-14T23:05:34-07:00
JHII

716 posts

Ultima2876 said:

Who said I was trying to be clever? You asked a question, I answered it. That's all dude :P

EDIT: You'll also want to note that I'm not trying to justify it either; I haven't posted in this thread advertising anything and don't plan to. I'm just stating the logical reasoning behind why some people are probably doing it... don't shoot the messenger.

No, dude, you did not answer it, the question was rhetorical. I just wish that people could see their "introduction" post through the filter of another music provider rather than a dev (that doesn't look at this thread). I honestly can't imagine anyone thinking it's a good idea to advertise on this thread.

posted 2011-05-14T23:13:05-07:00
Ultima2876

2409 posts

I was only kidding, calm down :P

I agree, it's an incredibly stupid idea to advertise in this thread. No one's gonna see your ad here, except for other musicians.

posted 2011-05-15T07:01:58-07:00 | edited 2011-05-15T07:03:04-07:00